Sunday, April 3, 2011

Again, I am going to stress that these are all first draft poems. I don't like to edit the same day I write:)



Feeling Kumbaya-like Today


The world wasn’t made for a teacup

to be steeped in warmth and consumed by all

adding sugar and lemon to sweeten the taste

making the slightly bitter mouthful more palatable.

the world wasn’t made to be a train

barreling down the lonely stretches

from point A to B

No, the world was made for that smile and wave

from a friend across the street

the world was made to curl up with a warm puppy

a living, breathing, shedding foot warmer

the world was made for you and me to find one another


against all odds


4 comments:

  1. your first line instantly impress me.

    perfect poem,
    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome join us,

    visit me for details.

    keep up the excellence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send a puppy! I'm feeling Kumbaya-like too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bless you.

    love your blog so much…

    Glad to discover your poetry talent,

    join poets rally.
    make poetic friends, get encouragements via awards.

    come on in, the collection is to be closed within 25 hours.

    cheers.

    hope to see you in ASAP…..

    your talent rocks.

    ReplyDelete